Visiting hours, schedules, and information are subject to cancellation or change at an time, without advance notice.
Noble County Jail Visitation Policy
This policy will supersede all previous visitation policies for the Noble County Jail. This policy will also replace Pages 16, 17 and 18 of the Noble County Jail Inmate Handbook
- All inmates will complete the Inmate’s Approved Visitors’ List upon incarceration. Inmates must provide all information requested on the visitation form. forms with incomplete information or information that is illegible will be marked off the list and that visitor)s) will not be approved and will not be added to the inmate’s visitation file. Inmates will be allowed to make changes to their approved Visitors’ List once every 180 days during their incarceration, if changes are needed.
- The Approved Visitors’ List will have space provided for five (5) visitors to be listed. Only persons listed on the Approved Visitors’ List will be allowed to visit.
- Visits will be limited to three (3) visitors per inmate per week. Split visits will not be allowed. Any visitor that leaves the visitation area will not be permitted back into visitation.
- Visitors under the age of 18 (minor children) will not be permitted unless they are members of the inmate’s immediate family (son, daughter, brother, sister, or grandchild) and are with an approved adult visitor. There must be documentation present at time of visit to determine that the minor is a member of the immediate family. (birth certificate, adoption papers) If the minor child is over the age of 15 he/she must have a U.S. government issued identification.
- All minor children must act appropriate during visitation (no running, jumping, making loud noises, or causing problems for other persons visiting) or the visit may be terminated.
- The names of the inmate’s minor children need to be disclosed on the inmate’s approved visitation list.
- Persons under the age of 18, married to an inmate, will be allowed to visit after providing proof of marriage.
- All visitors must provide a picture U.S. government issued identification.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring in any weapons, smoking material, electronic devices, purses, backpacks, into the visitation area.
- Visitors and inmates will conduct themselves in an orderly manner at all times or visits will be terminated. No loud talking or profanity, proper clothing will be worn, no indecent exposure will be allowed, no photographs or audio/video equipment will be permitted.
- No smoking, food or drink, cameras, or other personal articles will be permitted in the visiting area.
- No loud talking or profanity will be allowed.
- Visitors and inmates will wear proper clothing.
- No indecent exposure will be allowed.
- No photographs or audio/video equipment will be permitted.
- Visitors and inmates are to conduct themselves in an orderly manner at all times or the visit will be terminated.
- The jail staff will not accept anything for an inmate during visits unless previously approved by the Shift Sergeant or Jail Commander.
- If there is reasonable suspicion that visitors possess contraband, they may be asked to submit to a search or they will be declined the visit. All persons entering the building are subject to search.
- If it is determined that a visitor has brought contraband into the facility, visits will be terminated and the visitor will be prosecuted.
- Visiting hours are based on the current posted schedule. The visitation schedule may be changed at any time based on the needs of the facility or inmate disciplinary actions.
- The length of visits for each inmate may be limited to allow all inmates an appropriate time to visit. Officers may restrict the number of visitors and time of visit if circumstances require.
- Professional visitors may be approved and shall be required to prove authorized access. Professional visitors may visit at any reasonable hour, but not between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., and not after 10:00 p.m. or before 8:00 a.m. Visitation hours may be restricted by the Jail staff should circumstances warrant such restriction.
- Contact visits are not allowed.
- Work Release inmates are not permitted visitors.
- Visitors exhibiting improper behavior will be denied visiting privileges and privileges will not be reinstated without approval from the Sheriff or the Jail Commander.
- Visitors under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will be arrested and charged with Public Intoxication.